About Kirkland Signature Esomeprazole*
Esomeprazole Magnesium Delayed Release Capsules 20 mg is a Proton Pump Inhibitor (PPI). PPIs deactivate the pumps in the stomach lining from producing acid, significantly inhibiting acid production (and its overproduction) at the source. PPIs are available over-the-counter or as a prescription to treat ulcers, gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) and erosive esophagitis.
Fact: smoking can worsen heartburn
When individuals smoke, it can cause the muscle between the stomach and esophagus to relax, which can contribute to stomach acid refluxing back into the esophagus.
*Esomeprazole Magnesium Delayed Release Capsules 20 mg
PPIs includeKirkland Signature Esomeprazole Magnesium Delayed-Release Capsules 20 mg(treats the same symptoms as Nexium® 24HR),OmeprazoleDelayed-Release Tablets 20 mg(treats the same symptoms as Prilosec OTC®) andLansoprazole Delayed-Release Capsules 15 mg(treats the same symptoms as Prevacid® 24HR), to treat frequent heartburn that occurs two or more days per week. These products may take 1 to 4 days to work initially and are not indicated for immediate relief of frequent heartburn.
Heartburn is a painful, burning sensation in the lower chest or throat that occurs when stomach acid backs up (or ‘refluxes’) and irritates the sensitive lining of the esophagus. The esophagus is the tube that carries food from the throat to the stomach.
Normally, the lower esophageal sphincter acts like a trapdoor, letting food down into the stomach, while preventing stomach acids from coming back up into the esophagus. When it becomes too relaxed, it can allow stomach acid to flow backward into the esophagus, resulting in heartburn.
Fact: eatingbefore bed triggers heartburn
You may experience worsening or more frequent heartburn if you routinely eat late at night. Try to eat at least 2-3 hours before bedtime so your body has time to digest before you lie down. Also, elevating the head of your bed may provide additional relief.
People with frequent heartburn report that certain foods and beverages can trigger their heartburn
41% Acidic Foods, 32% Spicy Foods, 24% Rich or Fatty Foods, 16% Caffeinated Beverages, 7% Alcohol, 7% Dairy. Source: American College of Gastroenterology
The following tips may help ease or prevent frequent heartburn:
- Do not lie flat or bend over after eating
- Do not wear tight-fitting clothing around the stomach
- Do not eat before bedtime
- Raise the head of your bed
- Avoid heartburn-causing foods such as rich, spicy, fatty or fried foods, chocolate, caffeine, alcohol and certain fruits and vegetables
- Eat slowly and avoid big meals
- If overweight, lose weight
- Quit smoking
Drug Facts and Dosing Informatio
- adults 18 years of age and older
- this product is to be used once a day (every 24 hours), every day for 14 days
- may take 1 to 4 days for full effect
14-day Course of Treatment
- swallow 1 capsule with a glass of water before eating in the morning
- take every day for 14 days
- do not take more than 1 capsule a day
- swallow whole. Do not crush or chew capsules.
- do not use for more than 14 days unless directed by your doctor
Repeated 14-Day Courses (if needed)
- you may repeat a 14-day course every 4 months
- do not take for more than 14 days or more often than every 4 months unless directed by a doctor
- children under 18 years of age: ask a doctor before use. Heartburn in children may sometimes be caused by a serious condition.
Be the first to review “Kirkland Signature Esomeprazole Magnesium 42 Capsules – 42 CAPSULES”