From the manufacturer
Add Nutrition to Your Day with Flaxseed Meal
Milling flaxseeds is like opening a treasure chest. That’s because flaxseeds contain a wealth of nutrients, but as whole seeds, most of these nutritional treasures are locked away. Milling the seeds into meal gives your body access to the amazing nourishment stored within!
Carefully Milled to Preserve the Nutrients
In order to maintain the integrity of the wholesome nutrients in the flaxseed oil, the seeds must be milled with great care. Our proprietary flax milling machinery keeps everything cool, which preserves the freshness of those precious oils.
Packed with Omega-3 Fatty Acids
Two tablespoons of Bob’s Red Mill Flaxseed Meal provides 2430 mg of omega-3 fatty acids, as well as fiber, iron and potassium.
Reasons to Love Our Flaxseed Meal
- Gluten free
- Paleo and keto friendly
- Good source of fiber
- Non-GMO Project Verified
Banana Bread with Flaxseed
Prep time 20 minutes; cook time 45-60 minutes
- 1 cup Bob’s Red Mill Almond Flour & ½ cup Tapioca Flour
- 2 Tbsp Bob’s Red Mill Flaxseed Meal
- 1 tsp Baking Soda & ½ tsp Kosher Salt
- ¾ cup Bob’s Red Mill Organic Coconut Sugar
- 2 Eggs & 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- ½ cup melted Coconut Oil
- 1 ½ cups mashed Bananas (about 3 medium)
- ½ cup toasted, chopped Walnuts (optional)
Makes one 8 x 4-inch loaf
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray an 8 x 4-inch loaf pan with pan spray and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine flours, flaxseed meal, baking soda and salt; set aside
- In a large bowl, whisk together sugar and eggs until light, fluffy and almost doubled in size, 5–7 minutes
- Add vanilla extract, then slowly add oil until evenly incorporated. Fold in mashed bananas, followed by the dry ingredients. Gently fold in walnuts, if using
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake until a toothpick comes out clean, about 45 minutes. Let cool 30 minutes before removing from pan
We offer many wholesome ingredients that are favored by folks who follow a paleo, primal or other grain-free diet, including nut flours, starches and seeds.
Bob’s Red Mill
Bob’s Red Mill Organic Brown Flaxseed Meal offers a wonderful nutritional boost to almost any recipe. Omega-3 fatty acids, 4g of fiber, and lignans make for a heart-healthy nutritional combination. Mild in flavor and ground for maximum bioavailability of nutrients, Organic brown Flaxseed Meal can be inconspicuously added to almost any recipe – smoothies, shakes, breads, cookies, pancakes, waffles, and more. Sprinkle on eggs or salad greens, or toss with grains and veggies in a pilaf -the possibilities are truly endless. Flaxseed Meal can also be used in almost any recipe as a vegan egg substitute: simply mix 1 Tbsp flaxseed meal with 3 Tbsp water in a small bowl and let sit for two minutes to replace one egg in a recipe. This product has opaque film to preserve the nutritious flaxseed oil. Like all of our gluten free-labeled products, this product is processed in a dedicated gluten free facility and R5-ELISA tested to confirm its gluten free status. Certified Organic by QAI.