From the manufacturer
A Premium Quality Baking Essential
Bob’s Red Mill Baking Soda is the ingredient of choice for home bakers and professionals alike. Perfect for biscuits, muffins, cakes, cookies and more. Tested and verified gluten free. No added aluminum.
Hundreds of Uses
Our Baking Soda is essential in countless baking recipes, including cakes, cookies, flatbread and more. But it can also be used to clean and freshen almost anything in your house! Deodorize laundry, degrease your oven, wash fresh produce—the possibilities are endless.
Always Gluten Free
This product was handled exclusively in our dedicated gluten free facility and tested for gluten free integrity in our quality control laboratory using an ELISA Gluten Assay test. It’s also vegan and kosher.
Reasons to Love Our Baking Soda
- R5 ELISA gluten tested and processed in our dedicated gluten free facility
- Vegan and kosher
- Ideal for cakes, cookies, biscuits, muffins and more
Gluten Free Buttermilk Biscuits
Makes 6 biscuits. Prep time 15 minutes; cook time 18 minutes
- Preheat oven to 450° F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, sugar and salt in a large bowl. Cut in butter with a pastry blender until texture resembles small pebbles.
- In a small bowl, whisk together eggs and 3/4 cup buttermilk. Make a well in the center of the flour mixture and pour in the eggs and buttermilk. Stir until a soft dough forms. Dough will be slightly wet.
- Turn dough out onto a large piece of plastic wrap. Cover with another large piece of plastic wrap and roll or pat dough to 1/2 inch thick. Remove top piece of plastic wrap. Fold dough in half, then fold in half again. Cover dough with plastic wrap and roll or pat to 1 inch thick. Remove top piece of plastic wrap. Cut dough with 3-inch round biscuit cutter, pressing straight down (don’t twist). If dough sticks, dip the cutter into gluten free flour between each biscuit.
- Place biscuits close together on the prepared baking sheet. Brush with remaining 1 Tbsp buttermilk. Bake for 18 minutes, or until tops are golden brown. Remove from oven and cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes.
- 2 ½ cups Gluten Free 1-to-1 Baking Flour
- 2 ½ tsp Baking Powder
- ½ tsp Baking Soda
- 2 tsp Sugar
- 1 tsp Salt
- ½ cup Butter chilled and cut into ¼-inch cubes
- 2 Eggs
- ¾ cup Buttermilk + 1 Tbsp, divided
Bob’s Red Mill Baking Soda is made from the deposits of mineralized sodium bicarbonate. It is extracted by a simple water process that uses no chemicals. When used in combination with acidic ingredients such as buttermilk or molasses, it releases carbon dioxide that causes the batter or dough to rise. It’s also a great household cleanser and odor absorber.
Be the first to review “Bobs Red Mill, Baking Soda, 16 Ounce – BAKING SODA, 16 OUNCE”